I relish a good challenge, so as part of my 40 before 40, I set myself the goal of preparing every dish in a cookbook, cover to cover. It didn’t take me long to decide on which book would serve me best: John Gregory-Smith’s Mighty Spice Express Cookbook. I love everything about this book. Spectacular flavours from all over the world, loads of spices (duh) and, well, the “express” aspect is a lovely bonus!
So off we go! I’ll update this page as I make my way through the book. Quick side note: although I have plenty of English cookbooks at my disposal, I bought Mighty Spice Express over here in Belgium. That means I’ll be translating the dishes’ Dutch names into English each time, so there may be a few differences compared to the original.
- Oaxaca Tostadas*
- Villa Dinari Apricots with Yogurt
- The Bosporus Burger*
- Rita’s Tamarind and Coconut Prawn Curry
- Goan Cinnamon & Mint Chicken Curry*
- Great Eastern Duck Salad
- Mr Wong’s Hunan Lamb
- Beef Chilli & Mint Stir-Fry*
- Parsi Eggs
- Four Brothers Curry*
- Indian Cauliflower Soup
- Blue Gate Fez Sandwich*
- Five-Spice Pork Belly*
- Crab & Spring Onion Pancakes
- Korean Braised Chicken with Rice Noodles*
- Chicken Fillets with Sweet Chilli & Basil Sauce
- Rana’s Keema Shepherd’s Pie*
- Warm East-Med Aubergine & Tomato Salad
- Duck Tostadas with Black Beans & Salsa
- Phuket Snapper with Hoisin Noodles & Herb Salad
* Try these! I beg you!