Perfect for a rainy day.
- 100g unsalted soy butter + 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 7-8 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of celery, thinly sliced
- 1l vegetable stock
- 4 bunches of chervil (approx 250-300g in total), roughly chopped
- 2tbsp heavy cream (lactose-free in my case)
- freshly ground black pepper
- wasabi-flavoured sesame seeds, regular sesame seeds and chia seeds (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter (+ add the oil) over a low heat.
- Add shallots and celery stick. Pop a lid on and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped chervil and bring the stock back to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Using a stick blender, purée until smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Season with black pepper.
- OPTIONAL: garnish each bowl with 1tsp each of the seeds. Doesn’t add an awful lot tastewise (although the wasabi-flavoured seeds add a tiiiny burst of heat sometimes), but they do look nice, don’t they? 😉