The first and last leg of our road trip through Malaysia this summer will be KL, a city famous for, amongst other things, its fab food.
Mrs Pomegranate and I are doing a guided food tour in Penang, so we decided to do our own self-guided version in between the remainder of our KL itinerary.
We don’t want to plan the fun out of sampling local KL cuisine, so we’ll be letting our senses guide us towards the most appealing street food, but here are a few dishes that are definitely on my KL foodie bucket list:
- Chat Masala’s Thali set seems wonderful. Anyone ever been there?
[Image source: Hungry Go Where]
- Street food: Masala vada(i)![Image source: Recipes Hubs]
- Kim Lian Kee Hokkien Mee (I’ve read the original stall on Petaling Street sells the best hokkien mee, so that’s where we’re heading)
[Image source: Bangsar Babe]
- Air Mata KucingHow could you not try a drink that translates as “cat tears”? 😉 AMK is an iced juice made from wintermelon, dried longan, luo hon guo and sugar. Given my love of fruit and iced drinks, this is a must-try.
[Image source: Go KL]
- Chen Chen Goose/DuckI LOVE duck and quite possibly love goose even more, so Chen Chen’s my kind of place, or so I’ve been told.
[Image source: CC Food Travel]
- CendolDefinitely one of the stranger dishes I want to try. Finely shaved ice served with syrup, coconut milk, read beans and green cendol strands. A traditional Malay favourite!
[Image source: Vegan Food Quest]
- Nasi LemakWidely considered to be Malaysia’s national dish, this one is clearly a must.
[Image source: Malaysia Site]
- Paru Goreng (Paru being lungs. What can I say? I’m a sucker for organ meat.)
[Image source: Nommage]
So, fellow KL foodies, what do you think? Any favourites of yours on this list? Anything I’ve missed? Anything overrated? Let me know!
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month, themed TRAVEL, is hosted by Sophie at Cooking Trips.
Interested in joining? Full details here!